So you’re ready to purchase a new CT scanner for your medical facility. Purchasing medical imaging equipment isn’t something to be taken lightly. Before doing so there are a few questions to ask yourself. Some of the basic questions include:
- What is your primary goal with a new CT scanner?
- Is the new CT for service lines like for cardiac, pediatric, or ED?
- Primarily what exams would the device be used for?
- Would the current CT shortcomings be improved with the new device?
- What limitations would be overcome with the new CT?
- Is the new device to alleviate competition in the local market?
- What kind of competition are you faced with? (e.g., another hospital, imaging center, etc.)
- What competitive advantage does your competition have over what you have?
- Are you looking for lower dose CT scanners?
- Is your new CT upgrade based on reducing the dose?
- Are you obligated to purchase a brand new CT scanner because upgrades aren’t available for your current CT?
- Is the upgrade of the current CT based on trying to get better referrals?
- If additional referrals are acquired, would the new number of references be able to regain the debt acquired through the purchase?
- Is your current budget for expenses enough for the renovation of the room to accompany the new CT scanner?
- Have you calculated the full amount for your purchase?
Brand new CT scanners can cost a fortune, making the purchase can benefit a facility if there are enough patients to constantly visit and take CT scans on a daily basis. However, if there isn’t a large market for patients that want to get CT scans, other options can be considered, such as used and refurbished CT scanners.
If you’re looking for the best brand of used and refurbished CT scanners for your medical facility such as GE, OEM, or even a Philips CT scanner for sale, Amber USA is the place for you. Through their top quality equipment and services, medical practitioners are guaranteed to get the best outcomes for patients. Contact Amber USA now for inquiries!